1.31.2008

Buh-bye, January!

Okay, so January is done. What a waste it was for me! I got sick on the 3rd and struggled with it for WEEKS -- only within the last week have I started to feel normal. I still have a bit of a cough but thankfully the rest of it seems to have run its course. Still, the damage was done -- it really took a toll on me in terms of getting to work and taking care of the house. I did what I needed to, maybe a little more, but nowhere near the level I usually do.

Today I had my wisdom teeth out, so I'm ending January with a bang. I've never had any kind of surgery -- never been hospitalized, never been put out for anything until today. I really didn't know what to expect but from what my friends and other acquaintances have told me, things have changed a lot and I am SO glad I didn't do it 9 or 10 years ago when it was first suggested to me! They knocked me out and when I woke up it was done. The gauze wasn't fun, and I've been having to ice my swollen face every hour and eat things like Jell-o and applesauce, but other than that I feel completely fine. I can't even put into words how grateful I am for that right now!

I have tomorrow off to keep icing and taking my pain killers, then back to work Monday. I've really got to kick things into gear if I am going to get anywhere. I did manage to finally get to the gym on Monday, and am looking forward to getting back into a routine (long since lost). We already have lots of things planned for this year and a lot to do to get ready for it. Jason and I just applied for passports for the first time; he's planning to join me at a conference I am attending in Toronto (it's something I go to for work every year toward the end of April). We're going to stay an extra day after my conference and go see Niagara Falls. THAT should be something. I hope it stops snowing like crazy back east by then!

Alrighty -- so I am still unpacking the boxes I packed up when we started remodeling, and deciding what stays and what goes. It's not all coming back in. I can't tell you how much stuff we've already given away to friends, family, or goodwill. We do not have the space to be pack rats!

Anyway, aside from the horrible way my year ended and the sickly way it started off, I am now feeling optimistic about the rest of the year. I have so many ideas swirling around in my head, I'm not sure where to start. So I guess I'll do what I always do and start making massive lists and figuring out where to go from there.

I hope everyone else's year started off better and that only good things lie ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home