10.23.2007

Small World

I went to Taco Bell tonight to pick something up for the husband and me, and ran into my best friend from when I was about 14-16 years old and she was about 16-18 (i.e., 20+ years ago). We've seen each other off and on over the years but the last time I think I actually saw her was about 7 years ago. We got in touch again through Classmates.com within the last year and have been talking about getting together for lunch but just hadn't done it. I think we will now. It was nice to see her. She looks great -- and her firstborn is now NINETEEN years old! Gah!

Funny thing . . . she and I used to always go to Taco Bell. We would often get burrito supremes and enchiritos (when they still put the little slice of olive on top for garnish). It just hit me, also, that less than a week ago I was at that very Taco Bell where I ran into her tonight and I actually ordered a burrito supreme (minus lettuce) and an enchirito (yeah, we eat at Taco Bell a lot). I never do that -- and I thought of her when I did it. I must have willed our little run-in. I made a split decision to go inside rather than hit the drive-through and there she was with her family -- the only other people in the place. What are the odds?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Actually it was me that willed you two together. The last two days I've had similar situations happen so I'm convinced that I had incredible powers...they're gone now so I can't take requests.

10/25/2007 9:33 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I'd say Monkeys and Shakespeare have about the same odds :)

11/03/2007 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is just about as cool as it gets!

11/07/2007 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home