10.09.2007

Helloooooooooooooooo!

You know, I kind of forgot about my blog for a while. A long while. Where have I been? Work was super busy all summer -- then straight into the fall madness. Things probably won't really settle down until after the first of the year. Even then, it's really just back to the regularly scheduled chaos. We went to Maui again in August, which was nice, but it took me days to unwind. I'm not sure I ever really relaxed. Then, right back to work -- and the husband decided to start tearing into the house, and starting some remodeling that we've been talking about since we moved in nearly 5 years ago. So, the bedrooms have been gutted, down to bare concrete floors, acoustic ceilings scraped off, ceilings and walls re-textured, painted, new carpet laid down, and now they just need to be trimmed out and put back together. For 2 weeks we slept on a mattress in the middle of the living room while the rooms were torn apart. It was surprisingly un-fun. Did not enjoy camping out surrounded by floor to ceiling piles of crap that normally lives in the bedroom!

So, I'm swamped at work, swamped at home, and some things or people in my life are generally irritating the shit out of me so I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate those people from my life or at least eliminate, to the extent I can, my interactions with them. I know I can do it. Fuck those people -- why should I stress out over anyone else's bullshit? I've got my own problems.

Before I wrote this I clicked through some of the links on my sidebar and it looks like a lot of other people have been too busy to blog, too. I totally understand. Right now, I've got to get back to work on putting the bedrooms back together so we can start ripping apart the dining room! The credit card is getting a major workout right now, and we might as well be signing our paychecks over to Home Depot and Lowe's. Thank God the husband knows how to do so much of the work we are doing -- we could never afford to pay someone to do it! The best thing about the remodeling, aside from the fact that the house looks so much better, is that I get to get rid of stuff. I like to clear out the clutter. I try to do it now and then but now I am really looking at things with a more critical eye. I don't want all this crap in my house! And, I want some new crap! Heh.

I actually came to my blog today thinking I might delete it. I deleted my MySpace page today because I was not really using it and was bored with what I was doing on there. I may create another profile but at this point it was just one more thing I was logging into every day for no apparent reason. This blog was not so easy a decision. I've had it a little longer than the MySpace pages, going on 3 years now, and though there's nothing Pulitzer-worthy in it, I started looking back through a few posts and thought I'm just not ready for that yet. So let's add to it!

Did I say something about getting back to work? It's going on 9 o'clock and I keep telling myself I need to go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier in the morning but that's just not any fun. I like staying up late! Anyway, I'm starting to feel like it's about time to shed my skin or something. I don't like that visual, though. Turn over a new leaf? Bust outta my cocoon? Why is that? Probably because I'm 35 and fixin' to turn 36. All I know is, I'm getting to that point where I don't want to put up with other people's shit. Whatever your problem is, don't make it mine, mmmkay? I don't want to carry my load and yours as well. So get off my back and pull your own damned weight!

Wow, that was a bit of a revelation. I spend too much time worrying about other people, and whether things are handled, or will be handled, and on and on. I realized the other day that I don't really even ever get to do the things I enjoy anymore. Movies, concerts, reading, shopping, spur of the moment day trips . . . all exchanged for work at work and work at home. And that sucks. Fuck that. Some things are about to CHANGE around here!

Ciao for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched Real Genius on streaming video from Netflix.

I thought you'd like to know.

10/11/2007 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home