12.07.2006

It's almost my birthday . . . bitches

Of course, that's no excuse as to why I seem to have dropped off the face of the blogosphere. I guess I just got lazy. After my last post I was gonna come back and put up some pics to illustrate things such as the furniture we bought, but . . . please refer back to sentence #2.

Tomorrow I turn 35. 35! That seems so . . . not my age. Sometimes I definitely FEEL 35 (or older) . . . but I think that's due mostly to constantly burning the candle at both ends and trying to do every damned thing. Ah, well, 35. It's a milestone, I think. I feel like I need to set some goals or something. What do I want?

I have some thinking to do.

In the mean time, I am not working tomorrow. I never work on my birthday if I don't really need to! Tomorrow morning I will get out of bed when I'm good and ready, take my time getting ready for the day, then maybe go do some shopping before meeting my dad for lunch. After that, I'm gonna stop by my office for the holiday party and have a few drinks, then head home. I think the husband and stepdaughter and I will probably go out for dinner. Maybe I'll find time to take a spin in the jacuzzi tub. I never take baths . . . and I'm due!

That reminds me. I had a facial last weekend and it was the best ever (THANKS, HEATHER ALYECE ESTHETICS AT FUSION SALON & SPA!). My skin was so dry and hating me from the cold and because I'm not great about doing what I should -- and it feels so much better. The mini hand/foot/shoulder massages that are part of the facial actually relaxed me, which is sort of a new concept for me. Holy crap, it was great. So yeah -- the facials are going to become a more regular part of my routine. I figure at least every other month. At LEAST!

Hey -- I work hard; I deserve it.

So that's about it for now. I'm still wearing work clothes, and I'm not even working again until Monday. Time to rectify that situation.

Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home